Monday, January 10, 2011

Best of 2010: Best YA Paranormals

This is a bit late, but I couldn't NOT post about my favorites of 2010! 2010 was a fantastic year for YA literature and I hope 2011 will be better! Cheers to 2010! Here are the FIVE best YA Paranormals out there!


The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting - Do I need explain why? Kimberly Derting is the GODDESS of the paranormal genre! She mixes it up with a kick-butt protagonist with a really cool power, a super duper swoon-worthy guy, a steamy romance, a psychotic killer, and a heck of a lot of suspense and mystery. Team Jay FTW! I see dead people. {Joke} =)

Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus - I am in love with this book. The romance is amazing, the characters are awesome, and to top it all of, there's a big spoonful of suspense and mystery being served here! I can't wait for the sequel (if there is one)!

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto - Alexandra Adornetto is officially superwoman! The paranormal genre is incomplete without angels! I think I'm obsessed with Xavier...a little too much. Beth and her siblings are the COOLEST angels ever; especially with their powers. I think my obsession with Halo is becoming a little bit too unhealthy!

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer - If you haven't heard of this book, you must have an incomplete void because Nightshade is freaking amazing! I love Calla and her pack. And yes, I am DEFINITELY Team Ren! Who the heck is Shay? *smirks*

By Midnight by Mia James - I recently just read this and all I can say is that it is FANTASTIC. There were so many secrets that plagued this book and discovering the truth was such an exhilarating journey for me! Plus, the guy in it is totally sexy =)

10 comments:

Leanna Elle January 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

The Body Finder was my absolute favourite book of 2010 - I swoon for Jay!! I cannot wait to read Desires of the Dead. I also loved Shadow Hills - I really hope there's a sequel too!

Bethany January 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Team Shay! All the way! : )
I've only read the Body Finder and Nightshade, but I really want to try Halo.

Liddy January 10, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

I cannot wait to check out 'Halo' 'Nightshade' and 'The Body finder' they look awesome!
http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

Aleetha January 10, 2011 at 10:45 PM  

From all those books above, I never see By Midnight. will find the excerpt soon

Avery January 10, 2011 at 10:55 PM  

Halo? Oh gosh, I thought that that was the worst book of 2010! But to each their own! ;)
I couldn't agree more with The Body Finder! You may be obsessed with Xavier, but I am obsessed with Jay... ;)

Chapter Chicks January 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM  

I just bought the Body Finder last week, I'm glad to see it was considered a 'best' for last year. I also already own Nightshade, but have yet to read either of them.

I heard Halo was terrible before, so now I'm going to have to check it out myself!

Unknown January 11, 2011 at 12:32 AM  

I loved Halo and Shadow Hills. I have The Body Finder on my shelf to read sometime this quarter. Glad to see it made the list! Makes me really excited to read it.

Madeleine January 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Oh my gosh! I haven't read a single one of these! I have some serious work to do...

no January 12, 2011 at 4:04 AM  

I loved Shadow Hills, it was one of my 2010 favorites also! And I read a post from Anastasia Hopcus saying she is writing a sequel but it is not "official" but yay! anyways. I'm reading The Body Finder and Nightshade right now, but its been a couple weeks since I last picked them up since I've been so busy. I also have Halo waiting and now I want to look up By Midnight, its the only one I hadn't heard of.

Sara January 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM  

Omg you seem to looove all of these books! It bugs me so much that they're all on my wishlist but I don't have the money to buy them :( booh! haha

Post a Comment

Comments are ALWAYS appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All content © Reggie Cruz from The Undercover Book Lover 2009-2014 |   © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP